Monday, May 11, 2009

Article | Hermès Porosus Crocodile Birkin 35cm Pelouse | BryanBoy.com

As someone who is obsessed with fashion, I (try to) understand why some pieces cost they way they do: exclusivity, fine attention to details, luxurious materials, impeccable tailoring, exquisite craftsmanship, so on and so forth.

Now. I love Hermès and all but I have never, ever, EVER seen anything as outrageous as THIS in my entire life. Ladies and gays, meet the US$97,000 (NINETY SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLAR) crocodile Hermès Birkin bag.

OK I lied. I think I saw a croc Birkin up for auction at Doyle New York a long, long time ago for much less than that but it has diamonds in it.

I know it's crocodile and yes, I know it's an Hermès Birkin, but come on.

Why do I find the price point outrageous other than the fact that it doesn't even have precious stones in it?

I dunno, just think of what one could do with $97,000.

I, knowing that I probably would NEVER have the chance to know what it's like to have 97 grand in this lifetime (ok... ninety seven cents, yes), would probably:

  • buy a gorgeous, well-endowed husband from the Baltics
  • adopt six kids of different nationality and colour
  • buy a pick up truck
  • buy a whopping 41 acres of land in the glorious, exotic American town of Houlton, Maine (where gay marriage is now allowed) for the bargain price of US$19,800
  • buy a horse named Lily
  • buy a dog named Fifi
  • buy a cat named Pipi
  • buy a naked houseboy named Kiki.

I betcha my brown ass I'd still have plenty of change left.

After a year, I'll sell the whole lot (husband, kids, house and pets) on eBay and I'd prolly get triple or quadruple my investment.

Enough daydreaming. Ninety seven thousand dollars? You've got to be kidding me.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment