Victoria Beckham, Nicole Ritchie, Eva Longoria, Nikki Hilton, Heidi Montag and Lindsay Lohan are just a few starry-eyed members of this very exclusive club of handbag hotties. Victoria reportedly has a mindblowing collection of over 100 Birkins -- which puts her in the selfish hoarder category. Why can't Posh share the love? Getting your mitts on one of the coveted, collectible Hermès Birkin bags is no easy feat; it's all about supply and demand. While there's no official waiting list, they're scooped up faster than you can say "I'll take two," and good luck beating out a celebrity for one. There's also the steep cost -- from $8,000 (for calfskin leather) to $150,000 (for a crocodile bag with diamonds).
Don't hate cultist celebs for owning a Birkin bag -- on second thought, go ahead and hate them.
The Five Stages of Grief While Waiting for a Birkin Bag to Hit the Hermès Store:
- Denial: They told me some red croc Birkin bags were coming in any day now, but that was months ago. Why are they pulling my leather chain?
- Anger: What the *&#@%$ is taking so long?! By the time I get the bag, my matching outfit will be out of style. Consolation: I can buy shoes instead.
- Bargaining: How much money do you think I can slip the salesman to call me first? If I thought it would do any good, I'd offer to sleep with him.
- Depression: This endless waiting has made me so distraught I need to go to an Ashram, or at least a day spa.
- Acceptance: Screw Hèrmes. I'm buying a Gucci. Same outfit, different bag.