Thursday, May 27, 2010


Article | Size Matters

I have received many emails regarding how to choose the right size. Personally I think the lady in the first photo chose the size too big for her. The lady in the second photo chose the size too small for her.

I know a Birkin Bag is hard to find. Sometimes you have to accept the size offered to you. Otherwise you might have to wait another 5 years. However, know what you want before picking up the Birkin bag. Do some homework. Ask yourself:

Do I use it everyday?
Do I use it for traveling?

My suggestion is getting a Birkin bag depending on your height.

If you are 5'8" and up: 40 CM for everyday and traveling
If you are between 5'6"-5'8": 35 CM for everyday, 40 CM for traveling
If you are between 5'4"-5'6": 30 CM for everyday, 35 CM for traveling
If you are shorter than 5'4": 30 CM for everyday and traveling

I don't like 25 CM nor Shoulder BIrkins. Don't let me start...

Above is just my personal suggestion. Hope this post helps.

MBB

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your 'chart' although I have a 40cm Blk togo w/Palladium that I use day in day out and I'm 5'6. I feel if you can pull it off then do so, if I were thinner I'd probably stick with a 35cm.

    LOVE your blog btw
    Sable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sable,

    Thank you for your comment. I love this blog too. Work hard on it. Please visit it often.

    I am 5'8". I also carry 40 everyday and travel. I can't travel without a 40. It is heavy after a day walk though.

    MBB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I religiously check everyday during the week! And yes you can definitely tell you put the hard work into this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no such thing as a waiting list. If one has the means, always stick to 35. Never a 40.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chart. I am 5'7" and 35 is the size I have. I love it!

    ReplyDelete