Monday, May 17, 2010





Article | My Birkin Blog Welcome a New Member to My Collection!

My Birkin Blog welcomes a new member to my HERMES collection- the HERMES Dogon wallet in Lagoon Colour and Togo Leather. It was inside an orange box with 2010 ribbon on it. The wallet is stamped "M" which was made in 2009.

It is harder to get than a Birkin! The colour was limited in 2008 and has been discontinued. There were only few pieces in this colour left in HERMES boutiques worldwide. I went to HERMES stores in New York, Paris, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong and just could not find it. I got really frustrated so I went to HERMES website and started to call every single store. Guess what? After 34 international calls, I found it at the HERMES Boutique in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Who would think something I always wanted was in Kaohsiung, Taiwan? Who even knows where Kaohsiung, Taiwan is?

The colour is between blue and green. It is just gorgeous! The most amazing thing about the colour is it will change to blue tone or green tone depending on the lighting.

The wallet will replace my current wallet in black. Now I can easily find my wallet inside my black Birkin Bag. I also took a photo to compare the colour with blue jean. Can you see the difference? The Dogon comes with a zippy. I think I will even use the zipper more often than the wallet itself.

I think I deserved the wallet after 34 international calls. If you are serious, you can find your Birkin this way too. They will ship it to you.

MBB

3 comments:

  1. Can I also get a crocodile birkin by calling around different hermes stores? Will they ship that bag also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO NOT A CROCODILE BIRKIN THEY WILL NEVER TELL YOU THAT NORMALY THEY'LL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU ABOUT A NORMAL LEATHER EWWWW WHICH I HATE AND THEY DONT SHIP INTERNATIONAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had no trouble having items shipped internationally. It may depend a bit on how well they know you.

    ReplyDelete