Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day Specials

Birkin Blog Says | Buy the Birkin, Save the Planet

Can we save the planet by buying Birkin bags? Yes, we can. How so?

I used to go shopping some afternoons and took home 5-10 handbags each time. Some bags I used once or twice. Some not even once. Some became furniture. They ended up taking a lot of money, space, time, and wasted materials. 

I am not here to teach you how to spend your money. I have just realized how many times I "mistakenly" purchased something I didn't even like and how many bags that I really need in my life. Yes we do need bags for work, grocery shopping, evenings, weekends, traveling..., but I do believe we do need 10 bags for everything. 

1. A Birkin Bag lasts a very long time- physically. Hermes treats leathers very seriously. You can easily carry a Birkin bag for more than 20 years.

2. A Birkin bag lasts a very long time- mentally. The design is so permanent that you can carry it without worrying they will go out of style soon. The very first Birkin I purchased was almost 10 years ago. I still carry it. You can even pass the bags to your children. I used to buy limited Louis Vuitton bags. There bags still look good physically. Mentally, they have retired long time ago.

3. The Birkin bags are hand-made in France. It reduces a lot of pollution from mess productions.

4. Birkin bags have a great resale value. If you are ever tired of your Birkin bags, someone will enjoy them for many other years. 

5. Birkin bags are so expensive and take so long to wait that normal people can not afford too many. It is a good thing. It reduces a lot of storage space in your house.

I am not trying to convince people becoming vegetarians or tree-huggers. I just believe that cutting a piece of leather should be used to its best value. If a piece of leather could last 10 years or be used for 100 times, it shouldn't last just 2 years or used for 5 times. That will be my contribution to the Earth that we all share.

Happy Earth Day.

My Birkin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Dearest mybirkinblog writer,

    Hello, how do you do?

    Having stumbled upon this site, I wish to applaud you on your research for; and the obvious time spent in maintaining it. However, this last article has annoyed me, terribly.

    Having read some of your commentary, I have found myself being left bemused by your highly over-active imagination, and now with this last piece, things have really escalated to a joke.

    I realise that this site might simply exist for the sake of harmless fun, but I really find myself asking - who did you intend this site for upon deciding to create it.

    And so it leaves me to say, that you, the mybirkinblog writer, have really revealed yourself to be the biggest pretender, and quite frankly, a beggar, to say the least. Did it eluded you that there would come such a time when someone was bound to call you out?

    Anyway, I'm over it, I bid you farewell and shan't be returning to this piece of tripe website ever again, as your fakery is a pong that can be smelt, even from over here.

    Good day to you.

    ReplyDelete