Thursday, March 12, 2009


Birkin Blog Says | Birkin Bag's New Look | HERMES Fall/Winter 2009

In HERMES Fall/Winter 2009 fashion show, We saw Jean-Paul Gaultier gives Birkin bags a new look- the "Trompe l'oeil" Birkin. The straps and the flap are embossed on the leather outside. I am not sure if it is zipper or open top as I am still in shock of its new look. 

I am not sure "simplification" is always a good thing because I just love the original Birkin bags so much. I think the original Birkin bags are as good as any bags can be. They don't need to be added or taken away anything. 

 When Jean-Paul Gaultier was asked if this bag is priced lower than a regular Birkin, he turned to ask HERMES staff: " I don't know. Is it cheaper?"

Since I have not decided if I like it yet, I will ask you to decide. Are you as undecided as me? Leave me comment.

MBB

4 comments:

  1. BIG MISTAKE! This bag is a horrible variation on a beautiful classic bag. Even the 'shoulder Birkin' has some design integrity - even if it's a bit quirky. This one is just silly looking and I think it might just quietly disappear when lovers of all things Hermes turn their backs on it. It's just not great design and is a real disappointment from a design house that rarely ever makes a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I saw the entire show. It is the best collection ever! However, the bag is disappointed. Sadly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what has he done he made the bag look like a wannabee birkin everyone knows how a bikin looks like can you imagine going with that at a party discustng i dont like it and never will ewwwww

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, JPG should name it Campbell bag in homage of the short tempered model...

    ReplyDelete