Wednesday, February 11, 2009



Article | Style Guy: Accessories | men.style.com

Q: I recently got a Hermès Birkin bag from my mother, and I carry it to class and when I go shopping. I know it is a purse, but give me a break: It’s a Birkin. Is that okay? I have never been one to follow traditional style, and hey, I love bags!

A: Is it okay? It’s okay with me if you wear the whole Hermès spring line for women, and apparently it’d be cool with your mother, too. But there’s no way a Birkin is going to pass as a men’s accessory, even if you stick trout flies on it. Best-case scenario: You’re the best-dressed drag queen in your class. My advice is this: You can probably get a few grand for Mom’s Birkin on eBay. Convert it to a nice Hermès briefcase and you’ll have enough money left over to get your legs waxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment