Friday, February 20, 2009


Article | Hermès | www.davidlebovitz.com

Oprah gave us all the okay to return to Hermès.
She said it was all a misunderstanding and because one particular Parisian salesperson who was "rude and rigid"
I, for one, am so relieved that it's once again okay to shop at Hermès.
If that one experience has been her only encounter with a rude salesperson in Paris...that's a subject that deserves an entire episode! I've come across more than one or two Parisian salespeople I'd like to trap in a room for a good Dr. Phil-style slap-down...and I'd buy the DVD just to watch it over and over and over.

So anyways, she kissed and made up with Hermès and a rush of relief was visible in the studio audience when she told everyone to that they should rush off to Hermés to buy a Kelly bag. Since there's an 18-month waiting list for the more-expensive and elusive Birkin bag, I didn't want to waste another minute of time in getting on that list.
( I had a brief flashback of Martha toting a Hermès bag during her trial, which many felt didn't do her much good. Carrying a pricey Kelly bag many felt sealed her fate since it made her look 'elitist'. So if you see a made-for-tv movie about my life starring Cybil Shepard, blame Oprah.)

So I polished my shoes, paid off my Visa bill, and took the Métro to the fashionable rue du Faubourg St. Honoré to worship at the temple of sublime French style, Hermès.
...and I took a cue from Oprah: Don't be late!

No comments:

Post a Comment