Friday, December 9, 2011

Article | Record-Breaking Handbag | Vogue UK

Meanwhile, the inspiration for the iconic style -Jane Birkin - has explained how the bag's legacy will be remembered for good reasons.

"I got Hermès to fork out for my charities once I saw the fortune they were making," she toldWWD. "A certain amount of money every year goes straight to my charity and it will continue to after my death. This year I was able to [use some of that money] to go to Japan for a benefit concert after the earthquake. We use some of the money to feed the poor people who can't afford to eat in France. I sold one of my Birkin bags for $163,000 (£104,164) to help the Japanese Red Cross. So that rather trivial piece of heavy luggage has done a lot of good in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment